To contact us about potentially reviewing your book, please either send the following information as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out a form on our contact page:
- Your name and the title of the book you’d like us to review:
- A description of the book and the genre:
- Release date:
- When you’d want the review to be posted by:
- If you’re interested in doing an interview or giveaway:
- If there’s a specific person you’d want to review the book:
- Trigger/Content warnings if possible:
- Anything you’d want us to specifically discuss:
If a novel is sent to all of us, we will post our review as soon as we’re able. You can request for Caitlyn, Cossette, or Mary specifically to review your book; otherwise it can be reviewed by all of us or whoever is interested. Please note we have a typical posting schedule, so please check that if it may influence who you decide to review your book.
We are very open to author interviews, and posting exclusive content if you are interested.
Policy for Book Reviews
- Disclaimer: Our reviews will always reflect our honest opinion, which may mean unfavorable. This may also include any criticism and call-outs that we personally believe are warranted, especially in terms of problematic content.
- We will always be providing Content Warnings at the top of our reviews
- Our reviews will be Spoiler-Free, unless marked otherwise
Reading Preferences & Rating Systems
- I consider myself as an own-voices reviewer for books with Filipino representation.
- Highly Preferred Genres: YA, Mystery/Thriller, Contemporary, Fantasy, Own Voices, New Adult, LGTBQ+
- Would Still Read: Horror, Historical Fiction, Middle Grade, Poetry
- Would Not Read: Erotica, Gore, Non-Fiction, Biography/Memoir, Religion/Spirituality
- Format: I accept both physical and digital formats (Kindle compatible preferred). I am happy to review audiobooks
- ★★★★★: I loved this book. Great storytelling, characterization and/or content. I would highly recommend.
- ★★★★☆: I thoroughly enjoyed this book and liked the storytelling, characterization and/or content. I would recommend.
- ★★★☆☆: I enjoyed this book, but I would make some changes to the storytelling, characterization and/or content. I would recommend it depending on the person.
- ★★☆☆☆: I did not enjoy this book, but found the storytelling, characterization and/or content interesting. I would be hesitant to recommend this book.
- ★☆☆☆☆: I disliked this book and found issues with the storytelling, characterization and/or content. Would not recommend it.
- There may be times where I DNF books, if so I will still post a review listing my reasoning for not finishing the book.
- I have a strong preference for books that are diverse and own-voices, but am happy to read anything aside from the genres listed in my Would Not Read list! I also consider myself as an own-voices reviewer for books with Chinese representation, as well as bisexual representation.
- Highly Preferred Genres: Contemporary, Own-Voices, LGBTQ+, Young Adult, New Adult, Contemporary Romance, Poetry
- Would Still Read: Fantasy, Mystery, Historical Fiction
- Would Not Read: Erotica, Horror/Gore, Sci-Fi, Non-Fiction, Biography/Memoir, Religion/Spirituality, Thriller
- Format: For review copies, I would personally prefer physical ARCs, as I also have a bookstagram and will be cross-posting my thoughts there. That being said, I accept both physical and digital formats (specifically .mobi/Kindle compatible files). I would prefer to stay away from audiobooks.
- ★★★★★: I absolutely loved this book, and would re-read it multiple times. I would recommend it with no hesitation.
- ★★★★☆: I really enjoyed this book, and would encourage others to read it, although there were some parts I didn’t connect with.
- ★★★☆☆: I enjoyed this book, but there were some things that I wish were done differently. I might recommend this book, depending on the person.
- ★★☆☆☆: I didn’t enjoy this book, but was interested in the concept or could see how others might like it. I would be quite hesitant to recommend this book.
- ★☆☆☆☆: I very strongly disliked this book, and struggled to get invested, or there may have been aspects that I strongly disagreed with. I would not recommend this book.
- Occasionally, I may DNF books, and if so, a reasoning for why and where I stopped reading will be posted. I try to always see the positives in things, and so I’ll try to describe what I enjoyed about the book even if I do DNF it, or give it an unfavorable review.
- Highly Preferred: Young Adult, New Adult, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Mystery/Thriller,
- Would Still Read: Contemporary, Middle Grade, Biography/Memoir (Depending on the subject), Horror, Historical Fiction, Poetry
- Would Not Read: Erotica, Religion/Spirituality, Non-Fiction, Children’s Fiction
- Format: For review copies, I accept both physical and digital formats (specifically .mobi/Kindle compatible files). I am happy to review audiobooks.
- ★★★★★: Excellent, little to no faults, would instantly recommend.
- ★★★★☆: Very good, some faults, would recommend.
- ★★★☆☆: Fine, some issues but not extreme, would recommend depending on the person.
- ★★☆☆☆: Didn’t enjoy but saw potential that was not met, had lots of issues with the book, and would be hesitant to recommend it.
- ★☆☆☆☆: Very strongly disliked, found major issues with the book, wouldn’t recommend the book.
- As a reviewer, I am not against DNF’ing (Did not finish) a book, but will still post a review to the blog about why I didn’t finish it, and my major concerns with the novel.